Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mini Oreo Cheesecake


This weekend I have a project. Secretly I think my mom admire my baking skills. Each time I bake a new recipe and it turn out good ( ok they are some of my baking stuff tak jadi as well) she will ask me to bake for her friends, kenduri, surau makan2 or anything lah.

Latest were my oreo cheesecake in mini cup. Well I bake according to the recipe and manage to get around 40 plus pieces....All gone within my family members tummy including Fawwaz which is a huge fan of the cheesecake. So this coming weekend she ask me to bake for 120 pieces to bring for her bestfriend's daughter engagement ceremony. I just hope that my cheesecake turn out well ...

People like to ask me if I learn to bake or how I find the recipe. For me it is simple...find the recipe that is realiable, tested and preferebly with pictures. I'll go with the recipe that people has tried and commented on it. But sometimes I just try my luck to test any recipe that I find intersting. If it doesn't turn well then ... I try another recipe.

Owh and I do not learn how to bake from classes. I search video for some tips and tricks. Eg: earlier I am not sure how to bake a cheesecake...from the recipe it ask you to do some stuff that I am not familiar with. So I google for the video. Choose a few video and yes that is where I learn.

Whenever I couldn't find some of the ingredients and too lazy to go to the shops to find one....I google for substitues...eg: if you dont have a sour cream..you can substitutes plain yogurt with half of lemon juice...They are many more that you can find out by googling. Some cakes need special ways of baking or even mixing.....just google around the net and you find a lots of tips and tricks on how to make a good cake, cookies, pastries or anything.

No I am not an expert yet. I am Mrs Google for recipes...that is how I learn to bake. So again if you ask me how do I do this and that ...I cannot answer just in a blink (unless if I have experience it soo many time)...I need time to google to find the answer.

So here is the recipe for Mini Oreo Cheesecakes. Credits goes to Martha Stewart and http://52cupcakes.blogspot.com/2009/07/martha-stewarts-cookies-and-cream.html

Ingredients:42 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment