Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kindergarten story


Lately I don't feel anything to write or spill over here. Pretty much exhausted at the end of every day. Get motivated and demotivated with my work depending on the respond from the team member. Thinking about where am I heading too in the next few months. The kids, the school, the house, financial, works and a lot more going around my head. Nothing in specific that I can think just yet, everything is still in pieces like a puzzle.

On the other note let's talk about the kids. Yeah what else la kan. Last year we send them to a kindy near to our house. Suppose the kindy is good and I know the teacher is somewhat better than the previous kindergarten Sma** Read** where I find it's a bit disturbing to have a teacher yelling to a pre-schooler. No I am not the type of parents who think my kids is always right. Having a mischievous kids with lots of thing running on his head I know is a bit tough handling them. But is a bit sad to see how the teacher handle kids nowadays when they yell instead of reasoning with the kids make them afraid of the teacher rather than respect them.

So when I send to the second kindy with a fair expectations since I know most of our teachers for kindy in Malaysia don't have Early Childhood Diploma but instead being train by the franchise itself. I just hope my kids get to learn basic reading, math and have some fun. I can close my eyes when I saw the receipt or the message book is written with some wrong spelling. Maybe they are in hurry so the just do mistakes. I still can accept that when I have told them that hey you might want to take body temp of each your students during the H1N1 seasons just to be on the safe side but no action taken. Also when my kids bring back lollies or snack from don't know who the manufacturer, whether is halal or not which we do not dare to buy or give to our kids and since they are screaming in the car to have it stime we just let it be. But when during the year end concert, they are using an adult pop song as the music. I get very annoyed. You know when your kids go home and sing a song with a cursing word and keep on repeating it. For God sake this kids are babies and they are not suppose to be expose with this yet. Not sure about you but when the the lyric contains word like *itch and *uck it is really get into my nerve.

I get very irritated. I told them upfront earlier about the songs and how I feel before the concert. Interestingly it still being used. During the parents teacher meeting again I mention about my thought where they are many more appropriate songs can be used, dance steps can be tailored better for 6 years and below children. And the respond given were, at the center level (means when they do inter-kindy concert) they are using the same song (from a different branch) and the center are ok with it. Well I told the teacher that then it might be something wrong with your program and your center then. The songs is inappropriate and they are no parents complaint at all ? The answer is no...No parents complaints. So as if I am one crazy parents that think the songs is inappropriate.

It's interesting that I get that kind of respond where rather than sorry received I keep on hearing that the center and other kindy with their parents is OK with the songs and how the concert is being done. I might be orthodox I might be over protective. But hey my little kids are just 5 and 3 years old ok.

So now we are changing kindy again. A new center open a bit far from my house. Means my routine starting Jan 2010 will change. We have to wake up early get ready early so that I can send them in time for school. The new center is huge and well equipped. It's spacious which I kinda like it with a science lab, mini libary, computer room and a kids gym. The only thing is that if I were to send him for extra activities means both of them will retire by 3, the lunch served is not by muslim. Even tho they ensure us that the menu will be chicken or fish only, but they can't ensure that the meat is halal. So If I were to send them to the after kindy program I need to pack lunch for them. Why after kindy program...hurm I need to give my parents a break as well from taking care of the 2 little boys. Other than that if they go home early the routine will be watching TV from 1 to 3 or 4 pm anyway. But that will not be for Jan or Feb, maybe March onwards depending on the situation.

Well not easy having kids nowadays especially when you want the best for them. I'll try to relax a bit and not to be a kiasu parents. Hopefully the new one is OK and Fawwaz can continue later until he is ready for the primary school. As for Aariz ..poor fellas. He has been changing kindy for the 4th time since he started at 3 years old. One good thing is that he easy to adapt...but the cons...I am sure he is a bit confused with a different system on how to read, write and count.

The pening of being parents doesn't stop here. I am now thinking about where should we put Aariz for primary school on 2011. One year to think !

No comments:

Post a Comment