Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sweet and bitter


Often when I read other people blog or get to know about other people life (yes I am nosy hehe) I like to compare with my own current life. To reflect the high and low of our own. Most of the time... I have to be grateful that so far I am blessed with all the goodness and greatness of life. Though they are some bitterness here and there, but we have to manage our expectation right don’t we?

I would be lying if I said that I am happy throughout the years. They are up and down. Unhappy with work, money, family, husband, the society and the list can goes. The day that you heard or you read about people who can splurge their money and buy dozens of designer handbag and shoes...that night I will go all over my husband asking why I can’t have this and that and why I can’t just simply buy this and that. Well this is the best part .... he will rationalize me with his justifications which I know is true but still buat muke monyok and tt’s about it. Sometime he makes some funny remarks that remind me why I marry him at the first place...I swear there is one night I really want to blog about his goofy remark that I forgot already what was it to prove that my husband is frugal and witty and meannnnn!. But not that I didn’t get any at all. With good justification I manage to get away once in a while.

Same goes to career...how I dreaded to be a fulltime housewife each and every other day (especially the bad day) I will nag on him over and over again to let me just be one. But then again we have set certain standard of a lifestyle that we want to achieve or at least to have a strong financial before I really jump off from the boat. Hence why am I still here in the office have to liaise with 1001 perangai manusia kan...and again not that we are not compromising with each other. I have my opportunities now to take a short break and at the same time applying for a job that maybe can give me more satisfaction. Well due to that they are certain things that I, we and the family has to sacrifice and will be subject to what is going to happen in my career and his career.

Well not sure what is the point of my posting today. I just want to share that sometime we expect that our life should be like this or should be like that. But when reality strikes things will change and we just have to adapt with the change. Some things we want we might not always get it so what do we do ? We either work for it, we might get it later OR ... we lower our expectation and just get whatever we have now and enjoy it.

I guess life is really like a box of chocolate. We never know what are we getting...just enjoy every piece of it as regardless what ...it will still be sweet with a little bit of bitterness.

2 comments:

  1. sis, what happened to the opportunity we spoke about, dapat tak

    ReplyDelete
  2. owh...later i sms and update you ok :)

    ReplyDelete