Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby checklist ?


4 years gap from my last baby is actually quite long. I forgot already what is required to welcome the new baby onboard. Well at first I am not that excited to look at baby preparation checklist. They are 6 more months to go and since I already have 2 I thought they are nothing much to worry about. But after reading some blog of expecting mom and also talking to my dear friend lyn ... they have started looking and thinking of buying some baby stuff. That put me in alarm mode for a while.

I realize that I don’t have much baby stuff left with us. Baby clothing almost all given away including the bibs, cute booties and socks. And since Aariz and Fawwaz gap is not that far I recycle most of Aariz stuff to Fawwaz. By now if I still have some of them...they must be very old already ...yikes hehe. Baby clothing is a must on my to buy list...But i’ll start that sometime after Raya maybe.

I know my Mc Laren stroller is still in a good condition ...we bought that just before we move to Kiwi land 3 years back to replace the old Annakku stroller that already broken into 2. Yes we use our stroller to the core regardless it is cheap or expensive ( we have only 2 so far btw)... and pretty much satisfied as both has been travelling around and be on the plane/ferry, not once but countless time. Lucky them stroller hehe. I don’t know if I am going to fall under the hype of kiasu parents nowdays that have the most branded stroller and parade it around the shopping mall ...will see that later ;)

Next will be the baby cot. Well at time when we have Aariz we just bought a playpen. A lousy one...poor little boy. But then again as we are travelling around (that time to Miri) and stayed in a service apartment we can request for a baby cot. When Fawwaz arrive we only have a few months before moving to Kiwi land. There we get ourselves a second hand baby cot which is cheap and very reliable. We ship it back here to Malaysia hence I don’t think we need to get a new baby cot. We will repaint it back and the colour may depends on what came out from my scan next month.

What else, bottles, sterilizer, new microwave to heat the milk..breast pump (hubby ask me to rent first to see if the breastfeeding goes well) that will come later as well. I keep on thinking that I have plenty of time to plan for all this. But if I look carefully on the schedule for this year...first we just have one month before ramadhan and next raya. After raya which is in October ....besides the baby stuff, Aariz is going to primary school!!! Means I will be busy shopping for his text book and what not then the school uniform and the shoes....white spanking shoes... At this rate I don’t know which one I should be more excited .... the first day Aariz going to school (which I really hope that I am still strong and not due yet) or to welcome the new bundle of joy.

Year 2010 might be a slow moving year for me...but second half towards the end of the year looks pretty exciting with new hope for 2011. I am dreading to have this 15 days to be over soon and start a new leaf of life.

5 comments:

  1. ...and my purchase continues...
    a. baby cot - checked!
    b. baby monitor sound & lights - checked!
    c. Avent bottle warmer - checked!
    d. bottles and teats (of all stages) - checked!

    very the over! now stroller hunting pulak, after talking & discussing with our dear Elly of each stroller's functionalities, buying a stroller cant be done within a day. need a thorough checking and comparing with other brands to ensure the purchase is worth the money you pay... penatttt

    ReplyDelete
  2. u kena bagi i baby check list la lyn...ape nak beli.

    i cam takde prepare nak beli pape pun lagik hehe.ni sok nak raya....dah beli barang raya ...abis raya nak beli barang sekolah ngan baby plak...camne ni...kopak makcik hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. pasal memikirkan anak nk sekolah ler i kene beli awal, sbb takut lak tetiba malatops perutku, barang anak tak settle, barang baby takde, mmg pitam! boleh meroyan i dibuatnya...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe boleh i bayangkan pitam mcm mana makcik oiii haha.

    i akan start lepas raya la kot....masih ku mabuk2 lagi sket2. lagi2 tempat aircond ni. and masih takde mood nak shopping. ni yg suspen ni kan...anak boy ke ni asik takde mood nak shopping jek kan haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. ehhh where've i been, so cocooned in my world! congrats on the pregnancy!! what an awesome piece of news!

    ReplyDelete