Thursday, October 8, 2009

Discover our kids


Last night I outsource both of my kids to my parents so that hubby and I can get a nice time out with our friends. It was great!. We both having a fantastic unintterupted time chatting, eating and laughing. Don't get me wrong. Is not that I don't have fun time with my kids. But really they are two hyperactive boys that when they combine their power...kapuff...the most patient person in the world can turn into monster :)...ok ok I might be exxagerating :p

Anyway I was thinking about my kids potential. Have you ever think about yours? I know as working parents sometime we don't have much time to spend with them. After working hours usually we are dead tired and can just entertain them in the house. It make me thing geeshh...how am I going to discover their potential if I dont spend time with them ? But again how to discover ?

Hubby and I note that Aariz fond into technology and experimenting. It started when he is very young where he loveee our notebook...The only thing is we don't expose him as much yet to technology. We don't give him his own lappy, no introduction to PS2, PSP, X-Box or whatever it is...no handphone, no computer game no nothing. Just once in a while we let him play by opening the PHD website to play game. What interesting is, although we don't expose that to him, he find it himself. Hubby bought a new HTC phone and Aariz asked for his old I-mate. Hubby gave him and next thing he navigate the PDA himself and manage to find a game and figure out how to play the game. He had a good 2 days with the PDA that next thing we know it just wont boot up again. God knows what he did.

Next we have too many notebook lying around the house. I have 2, hubby have 2 as well. He just become oppurtunist, each time he saw one unattended, he will quickly grabbed and try to do something with it. The things is if we give him to play the online games, he get bored easily. He try to explore what within the computer. Which I suggest to hubby why don't we buy him a real pc, and you teach him DOS or whatever. Teach him something that is not easy to get. I mean if you give him a computer game right away, it seems to easy to him. Cos each time he get bored with the game. So like the olden days when you have to hack a bit the system to play computer game...maybe you can teach him to figure out the olden days game using a simple command or whatever. Maybe that way we can get another Bill Gates...says the ambitious mom haha.

On the experimenting part. That is another mischivous mission that he have. He will not sleep during the day, so what he will do is go around the house. Pick up anything from my drawer, his uncle room or grandma side table and start to experiment what he can do with the things that he collected. When he watch TV IQ, where people do experiment. The next thing we heard is he trying to mix as many liquid from the kitchen to make as what he saw in the TV. That of course make the kitchen in a very messy condition. Discovering that how amuse he is, we will try to find some science experiments from the website and try it with our kids this weekend.

I note that he is not into colouring, reading and writing. To get him to finish his homework or read and write you have to scream at him. Math is easpy peasy to him...he can do it over and over again. He loves swimming the only sports that I can see him fond at. As cycling or playing outside is not really his thing. So he prob will turn into a geek like his father.

Fawwaz, just a short note. Still small to judge on him. But he is definitely different from his brother. Loves colouring, pretending to read and to spell whenever his brother had to do his homework. He lovesssss outdoor but not into computer or technology like his brother. We could see that he probably can be a sportsman. Oh love music as well....he can dance well, appreciate the sounds of the rhyme. There's one day when his father playing guitar, this little boy shake his head and tap his hand on the table following the rhymes. Well well....

I guess I have some idea of what are their potential. Maybe next is to guide them and unlock their potential. So we have to works towards it. In this modern days I don't believe in straight A's student anymore. No offense but tell me how many of them who really succeed ? With the quality of the teachers (no offense agains) and our education system. One could not help to hope that they can succeed with their own ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment