Sunday, August 23, 2009

Travel to Africa - Day 1


It has been a busy week for me. Hubby came back on last Sunday and I am supposed to fly to my client base for 2 weeks that night. Unfortunately (or can I say fortunately) I have a glitch with my visa application and it has delayed my trip. The trip shorten to one week and I am currently on my way to the second richest oil country in the world ( betul ke dear ?).

Anyway as usual I am no longer thrilled with the business trip …really I missed the kids even before I depart. As the flight is at 2.00 am in the morning, I get the chances to get the kids into bed before I left. Weeks of preparation telling them I will be away hopefully will work out. Since I started to work from home a lot, they kinda use to have me around 24 a day. So I keep on telling them I am going to travel for a while and they need to behave. Aariz as usual, he get too used to not having us around since his birth, so he will just nod. Now dah pandai pesan barang pun…isk. As for Fawwaz I hardly leave him around unlike his father, so he is the one that I need to prep. Each time I told him that I’m leaving he will says no. Is either you stay at home with me or take me with you that is what he keep on telling me. Just for the past 2 days when I said I am leaving for work then only he said. “Fawwaz duduk rumah with papa, and abang.” Boy I am glad that at least he let go me for a while…Need to get the update from hubby later on the kids well being.

Travel to Lagos is never part of my plan in my life. Don’t blame me…blame the people that I met and the advice that I receive before my trip. Even the Business Trip advice from the company listed a 3 pages instruction on what to do and what no to do during the visit. Example:

Do’s: Bring nothing that you cannot afford to lose (financially and emotionally) – so I leave all my wedding ring, necklace, watch at home. Ask hubby to buy me new watch teheee, alasan kan which is simple and not noticeable. Also new handbag…actually more to sling back.

Don’t: In the case of emergency show resistance. (err what kind of emergency could be …dah takut kan!!).

But well, I am already half way through it...so just need to get it done I guess. So please pray for my safe journey. Will catch up later when I arrive Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment