Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Potty Train Little Fawwaz Part 2


Working from home nowdays giving me some extra time to watch the kids. Mom watching the kids against grandparents and helper definitely will be a lot of difference.

For instance, being grandparents they tend to give in with the kids. I notice the kids also become bossy and can get away with most of the things. Watching TV all days, eating junk food, ice cream, sweets anything that mommies will regard as unhealthy but healthy for grandparents (make me wonder will I be that way when I'm old later?). Well dicipline wise ... I can't count on my parents. Definitely not. But of course on a positive sides they learn a lot on life value. They will stop and take a pause to see the trees, birds, bees and do day today stuff. Listening to stories from their grandparents, taking a ride with grandpa old motorcycle and going to the village barber that cost RM3 for a haircut with a free ice cream for the kids! Well if you ask me, that part of life I dont want the kids to miss out and that is why we are not moving far in the city yet.

Back to working from home, with my extra watch I get to dicipline my little kiddo. Like do not watch TV excessively... do not drink all the vitagen or yogurt drink in one day (they can finish bottles of it if not monitored). Do not boss bibik around...haih! But the most achievement that I've got so far is......he is off from his diaper for almost 24 hours now!!!!! Well well well...at last he can sit on the throne and pee by himself even I have to trick him with a treat for that. One small cadbury choc before he went in and after he does it. It works fine because he is a fan of chocolate and not easy to get one from me. Well if we have a stock of chocolate ..yes when I mean stock it means a chocolate that can fit in at least the first tray of our fridge...it can disappear in between a week. We just get choc when any of us went back from overseas. Then everybody get a dose of a good choc...ok side track..anyway normal days we dont have a choc except a bar of cadbury or smarties that I hide it. Else everybody in the house will get tooth decay including dearie hubby which already have two holes btw and we just discover that last week...ok side track again.

So back to main topic that I want to blog today...one piece of cadbury before and after has did a good 3 trips to the toilet today... each time I have to make a ssssss sounds to trigger him peeing ..and I read somewhere that if we put the hand in warm water then it will trigger the feeling to pee as well. But that does not work for Fawwaz. I just sparkle some warm water to his private and slowly pour some water and yeap....there it goes.

Well, now I just need to train him to poo. The only things is, just now out of nowhere he came up to me with a handful on cadbury treats on his hand. There goes my tricks to get Fawwaz to the loo. No guessing on who passing the chocolate ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment