Monday, June 2, 2008

The conclusions


(this entry shld be posted last month :D)

This is it…we have ship our stuff. Tomorrow ill be disconnected from the internet and flying out to Auckland. Wednesday we will be leaving New Zealand and return to our home country. The verdict… I love this country…but of course I love my own country more. If I’m given an option to be a permanent resident here, I’ll probably give a try.

Life here is pretty much relaxing. If not because of the project that we were in and also the culture and nature of our parent company, we probably can enjoy the truth relax lifestyle that the kiwi’s are having.
The place we are staying is a small oil town called New Plymouth. I call it a small town cos for me it’s really small. Once they are a case where a friend of my officemate lost his slr camera. The next few weeks he found his slr being sold in the cash converter. That explain how small the town is (or prob how stupid the thief).

Anyway the office is just 5-10 minutes away from where I live. Some of my officemate ride a bicycle to the office. The nursery/kindy is near to my office, 5 minutes walk. The kindy is very good I think. The kid’s love it…it has a large compound where they can choose to play indoor and outdoor. Plenty of toys and lot’s of activities. Here I even afford to go out during lunch to send them to the swimming class and return to the office in time. The swimming center is 5-10 minutes from the office.

Most of the mom’s here can opt to work part time. This is the best part that we hardly get this from our country. Even if we do get to work part time…I imagine we still reach home at 5 or 6 due to the traffic jam ….You can opt to work 3 days a week or 4 days a week. Or you can opt to work 9-3 everyday.

Cost of living is pretty much reasonable. The groceries is cheaper…(if we don’t convert). We spend around 100-150 a week including diapers and baby milk. I don’t know how my spending will be in KL. But im pretty much prepared for the worst.

Family wise, we learn to help each other and divide our chores and responsible. I feel more for my hubby and kids. I learn more individually…all the potential that I didn’t know I had. I cooked, I cleaned, I take care my 2 child by my own, I take care my hubby, I take care my self, I ironed and washed cloth…but sweeping, vacuum, mopping, cleaned the fish and chicken still my hubby chores. I don’t like to do yucky stuff haha. We actually grow and proudly can claim that we are independent now :D

On the other hand, I can’t really wait to go back home. One will be I miss my family and friends. I miss the social life that I have back there, the spa, massage, the food…. yummy and the dosage of my retail therapy. That of course Malaysia will still be the absolute winner.

Winter is approaching here….that is another reason that I must return to Malaysia. Bye bye New Zealand….till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment