Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where I have been missing ?


I'm still here :). taking time off from computer/tv but still connected with my BB. Actively updating my FB status and that's about it. Going out for makan2 with friends, relatives and family before Ramadhan... settling our bibik departure..(yes we are bibikless now)... then due to my lazyness to go out and shop during Ramadhan, I settle the kenit's and papa's baju raya...siap songkok bagai...kasut raya also settle for the kenits...siap dah rasmikan lagi... what else eh?

A lot going on actually but as for me.....I am enjoying staying at home since 31st July few weeks ago. Waking up late, have a nap throughout the day (if I'm not out settling errands), having my me time and also spending lot's of time with the kids!. Boy how much I appreciate this short break!

Why is it a short break...Well my fate is on a roller coaster ride since a few months ago. I was applying this one job (and another actually but that one very slim chance) for a change in career. There is no promises that I'll get the job as...it is something different but really interest me!. I know I am good at what I am doing now, but the job no longer give me the satisfaction I need. I need something that I can work on not just to give me the extra money every other month but also to fulfill my soul.

After a few years of deciding whether yes or no to leave my current job with my current skill (which I do get extension of my contract for another one and the half year but I decline), and also a new two offer to continue my contract in a different area at the very last week of my service. Politely I decline it too. I decline with a trust on my heart that I have to do something with my life. Is either I change my career rather than whine every single day to my hubby and feel miserable for doing something that I don't have heart with or stay at home and take care of the kids. Eventually I might get boring and will come back to the workforce in the same area maybe if I can't change my career but I do need this break. So I handed over my termination of contract one month earlier than my contract end. Bold move I know and financially we are not broke but! we have to live within our means.

Now after a few months of interviews and follow up, I finally manage to secure a yes from the job that I am applying since last April or May (this is even I know that I am pregnant :D). No offer letter yet...so things may turn around but I keep my faith that rezeki is from God. Else I'll be taking a year break..6 months to spend with my 2 boys before the arrival of the newborn and the other 6 months to be with the newborn, fully breastfeed maybe and of course spend time with my 2 boys as well. Either way I keep my mind open that whatever happen is for the best for our future.

As of now, for my short break. I need to help out my mom a little bit as we don't have bibik around, just some helper to help out twice a week to clean her house. So I am commuting from my house to her house every day to check out things (well actually I get my lunch and dinner there and for this whole fasting month we are going to break fast at her house). I'm blaming on hormone (again) as I still can't stand the smell of the cooking. But my big plan is to make my own raya cookies! So far I just ordered 2 type of raya cookies...so the rest is either home made...or you guys will be coming to our house to have those 2 cookies haha. Wish me luck ;)

3 comments:

  1. Insyallah sis, ada rezeki it will be yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish u all the best dear.
    ps:jgn lupe kasik resepi kueh mueh mu yg pasti sedap itu ye pn sifu..hehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak Liza, baru dapat confirmation last few days :D

    Yoa, aku tgh mengoogle resepi kuih la...sampai lapar2 jadinya haha

    ReplyDelete