Friday, August 20, 2010

Little something abt me and abt Aariz


It will be 11 more days before my break is over. To tell you a secret, I get bored already staying at home. That hubby told me this morning, keje salah tak keje salah !! Isk hehe.

But this is Ramadhan you see (start blaming mode), I tried to fast since I should can fast for every single day. Truly is a challenge for me. Some day I can't eat much or even throw up right after sahur. Leave me feeling super hungry the whole day and make me fatigue and tired not able to do anything. Even if ate properly during sahur, by 10 or 11 I start to get really hungry. Last night when we woke up around 4.30 pm I ask hubby if he felt hungry. Hungry in a sense that really really hungry. He look at me one kind and said no...Then I realize..ok this must be hormone of mine. The baby might need continues supply. Anyway so far I skip 2 days already as I cannot stand the hunger and keep on vomiting nothing. Some other days are fine, if I can fight I can even cook some / prepare some dishes, do some cleaning. Other than that....melepeks on my bed from morning till time nak bukak puasa...
One thing I enjoy so much is to be around with my kids. Other than that feel pretty useless especially if the whole day I end up melepeks doing nothing.

So while I end melepeks most of the days, my little hero Aariz is all energetic. Now he did not complaint on anything about fasting anymore. He skipped twice just like me. Once because during the weekend, after sahur he went for Subuh prayers with his Atok, then reach home cannot get back to sleep and end up playing bicycle till noon and by 2 pm he already lembik....We give him a break. The other time is because he's been coughing, I guess it's more on lacking of fluid. He still can't drink lot's of water like adults did at night during the earlier days...So we give another day off. Guess what he told his Atok ? Owh papa tak bagi puasa. Ceh...But every other days he's been fasting, no more complaints, very energetic, break fast and makan dengan berselera, he learned how to drink more water before went to sleep and during sahur....Everybody is proud of him! I am proud of him too.

Other than that, back to me with another 11 days to go. I try to settle a few stuff like Aariz school registration, to engage part time helper for cleaning our hse (esp after I start working), get done with my kuih raya baking!, hurm what else haha...not much actually.

Short break is always good. I recommend to all mothers to take a break in your career every few years once. I did that every 2-3 years once throughout my career. Once is before we went to NZ in 2006, once after my NZ assignment completed in 2008 and the other is now...the duration is usually a month to 2 months. It gives me the sanity where I get to relax and spend time with my kids. It times to reflect on what I have done and achieved and what more I need for my future. Most important thing, it makes me appreciate my work more and I will always start fresh missing the workforce. So you see, the break will stop you whining about the job, the boss, the task, the colleague, the guilt fr not spending time with the kids, and list can go on.

At the end of the day, what important most is your happiness. You can't keep people around you happy if you are not happy yourselves right ?

3 comments:

  1. aku pun teringin nk break every now n then, aritu masa yg no 3 nekad break sebulan. tapi kang jejas kat pencen. leceh arr..eeerrrgghh

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so look forward to welcome you...hope you are up to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. try yoa...best :p

    kak liza..i get very excited too hehe... dah terpk2 pasal keje dah ni...

    ReplyDelete