Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When Nenek get sick


I've got a meet up with Tan Sri today, this is for my new job...Owh not one to one by the way...it will be 1 to 20 that what I've been told. But today also my grandma who staying with us fall sick. She's been vomiting since sahur, which we suspect due to salah makan during Iftar earlier. My mom was not around as she's at kampung to look after her own mom. So my dad need to bring her to the clinic himself.

My dad without my mom around can go crazy sometime. He depends a lot on her but refuse to admit. Well I told my mom the other day that she can't blame him on that....all this while my mom was all around for him. You see my mom is someone that will sacrifice her career for my dad and the family. She still has her career as a nurse...but the further she go is as a Staff Nurse in the Medical Clinic in Klang. She decline for promotion as that will take her time (have to work shift/relocate etc). She work to fulfill her own satisfaction and to get extra pocket money. No more than that. Though I can see her envy some of her friend who become Matron and jump to the private hospital being paid high when we met them sometime. But hey, I guess her friends envy her even more. She retire early, my dad provide her car, bring her vacation around the world...and sometime on business class if he tag him on business traveling. She let my dad to climb his career and her to support him by his side.

Well now as they grow older and left with their own mom to take care off. My dad willingly took his mom to stay with him. My grandma is classic, like some other people from their generation. Let just said a little bit difficult especially when it come to food. She is a very good cook. So it's hard to satisfy her taste bud. At this age (80+) with diabetic, high blood pressure and a lot more, she will only follow her taste bud. Hence sometime when it's beyond control, she can fall sick. Like today. And it can be pretty bad due to her age. As she vomit pretty severe today, and since my dad alone and luckily I am still have my day off, and again we are now have no bibik around well all of us including hubby and my sister has to take part to help out a bit.

There is one system that is automatically generated between myself and my siblings though we are not very close (yes my family has problem expressing love, we all fall under category of tough love) to be responsible at a situation especially when my parents not around or either one of them not around. If both of them are around we lived like a King...ok don't blame us blame them for pampering us :D. Anyway we divided our task for the day like myself have to get some food for my grandma after sending the kids to school (bubur McD - she don't eat anyone else punya masakan except my mom that how difficult she is in term of food. But fast food is ok with her :D). Then have to arrange how am I going to leave the boys at home or not to leave them at home as I need to head to KLCC by 3 pm today. Without bibik I can't just leave them at home especially when my grandma is sick and don't know if my Dad can cope with my 2 kids and his ill mother at the same time. So my sister need to go back early to take over while I'm out for the meet up. The same happened when they are relative who passed away last time and my parent were out of the countries. Automatically all my siblings went back to my mom house and everybody pack some necessary stuff and off we go back to kampung to represent our parents. Well again that spontaneous action will only happened if my parents not around. That is one of many other important things that my parents has successfully thought us. Responsibilities and to be there for our parents.

Why I blog about this. Simply because I am touched to see how my parents take care of their parents and how I feel the same way about protecting my own parents. Nowadays, I don't see that much. I feel very irritated when I see people who just don't respect their parents (although how difficult they are) and how they complaint about their parents even though their parents has pour all their money, blood and sweat to them. Just because when the child embrace their own life, their freedom they felt their parents are just a burden. Come on, remember when we have our own child how patient we are taking care of them. And what do you feel if they treat you like you treat your parents now? Well enough said I am sure that many of us also still have good sense to our parents. Not to deny that sometimes they can drove us crazy as well...But don't that what parents does best ?

3 comments:

  1. it's true, we replicate based on what our parents did. that is why i believe if we mistreat our parents, we will be mistreated by our kids later in life...so, how's your session today, kena soalan cepu emas tak?

    ReplyDelete