Friday, August 13, 2010

Ramadhan update


Staying at home mode malas nak update lagi teruk ;)

Anyway since day 1 of fasting I've been drooling and thinking about menu of the day. Not that I'm doing the cooking ...my mom does...but I will sibuk2 asking what and add in one or 2 stuff that I like to have. Like day 1 is begedil...I made it from scratch! Day 2 I am flat like nobody business not sure why... maybe because I went out for a quick facial and the heat just weaken my already weak body. So I did not help much but keep on asking what is the menu for today...Day 3 which is today, my energy just kick back...and I am thinking to make roti john and chicken pie...chicken pie can be frozen and not necessarily to be eaten today... Since I'm making chicken pie, I might just boil some spaghetti to make carbonara for my kids.

Speaking of my kids. Aariz started to fast for the first time this year. Not too bad for beginner as he made it for 2 days in a row already. Though they are few funny things happened in between. Like day 1 after coming back from his kindy, he complaint about his stomach growling. I ask him how often? He told me maybe around 10 times already. Then I replied, it must be the worm inside your tummy asking for some food. Then he close his mouth with his hand and whisper to himself (like his voice going into his body) and says..."worm I'm sorry, no food for you yet. have to wait ya"....haha my mom and I was laughing out loud looking at his innocent face. But that just once he complaint...then he fall asleep, wake up around 4, go the mosque with Atok and play around the house.

Second day he start to get cheeky. I was not at home that time. But I heard that my grandma (his moyang) were screaming at him (well not scolding...it just people from Melaka they speak at the highest pitch the have). Anyway what has happened :

Moyang : Aariz tak puasa eh ? (Moyang caught him taking out bread and nutella
Aariz : Puasa lah ....ni nak siapkan utk malam nanti (that time just 3 pm btw)
Moyang : Kalau buat sekarang bersemut la diaaaaa....dah simpan simpan.... (imagine my grandma were saying this out loud haha)

Well then after I reach home ask him to sleep but he wants to play...during Asar he went to the mosque with his Atuk and they are tahlil held there. He get to bring back a small box of fried mee. At home he write his name on the box and warn everybody not to eat his mee. That is for his break fast today. Fawwaz was very pissed as he thought Atok only bought for Abang not for him...as they both are fan of any kind of mee. Then Atok bring them both to a shop nearby to buy some ice cream...to Abang kindness, he open up the ice cream to give to Fawwaz...but of course this time nenek pulak terjerit2 kan...and Aariz was quite mad cos he just try to help Fawwaz :D. Fawwaz on the other hand get to Abang nerve by drinking the vitagen one by one...till only left one bottle inside the fridge. So Aariz hide it somewhere behind. By the time we break fast...he start by eating his mee (and share some with Fawwaz of course), followed by secretly went to the fridge to drink up his vitagen (so that Fawwaz didn't see him and ask to share), then took out his ice cream and eat by himself at the hall. When I check on him, he already terbaring kekenyangan...I find it cute and I'm pretty proud of him.

I'm not sure how is he doing today...but he ate a lot during sahur too....that's why I think he can pull it through. But if he really can't we can still give him allowance....he still small I think. And as Atok saids, don't take out the fun from him as later he will think that it some kind of force things to do. As of now I can see that he actually do have some fun! and with lot's of encouragement from people around he felt important and proud too.

1 comment:

  1. got the same confirmation today, look forward to see you soon

    ReplyDelete