Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pregnancy and me


When I am pregnant I will turn to someone that is not me. The most obvious one is for me to be anti social person. Not that I don’t want to socialize with people. But with the nausea, coughing, vomit, dizzy and all...how am I suppose to talk to people and socialize.
Last week for example, I have to attend a wedding, family lunch and also a birthday party. Imagine the effort that I have to put to contain all the uneasy feelings that I have in me. Good thing is I manage to go through the whole sessions with a slight vomit in between here and there.
Thank God that I still have a mom to rely on. Which make me appreciate my mom more and understand how she loves me. I said about something (food) the next thing, it will appear from don’t know where. The thing with food...I have to eat continuously small portion and the food must be right. And how to know if the food is right ? I wouldn’t know until I swallow the food....The moment it’s enter my throat then only I know if I can take it or not. They are 2 incident where I am very hungry to the core and when the food is in front of me....I take a bite and that’s it....That’s not it!. You’ll force maybe to take a few bite....or you probably try to switch to something else. But the after effect will be. Since the taste is already lingering in your mouth...you’ll just throw everything out until nothing is left inside to throw out again and after that best if you just take a nap.

I do envy people who has a smooth pregnancy. Little nausea and can really enjoy the pregnancy. It’s hard to get people to understand what I am going through because not everybody has it. Like when in the office...something that I could not help is the coughing and spitting. I know it is yucky. But I can’t help it. It is not me....it’s the hormone. And you can’t control the smell in the office and the temperature. Well temperature is another thing I can’t stand cold temperature...yes that is for the first trimester. No fan...you know how the people at my house hate me for this. When we eat together....everybody will be sweating hot as I can’t stand the fan. So if I eat by myself earlier or later that them...is consider heaven for them. But at the place with people that I barely know or I can’t control....I have to bear it for a while and the next thing.....throw out like nobody business, instant headache and the cure is only to take a nap.
Now that’s the reasons why I can’t hide my pregnancy even at early stage. It is too obvious that I am pregnant when my baby bump appear at my 8 weeks. Like I already pregnant for 4 months lol. Not to mention all the symptom above that already make me looks like one hell sick person.

I understand that from my mom side most of us have a terrible morning sickness. Something that we have to endure and being passed by genetic maybe. But what all mother wish are just for the baby to be born safe and healthy. I am sure I can go for another round of this....after having 2 of my baby earlier. Wish me luck for my pregnancy and to endure the next 7 more months ;)

1 comment:

  1. Insyallah, it'll be a smooth one. usually, all pregnancies are not the same kot...take care

    ReplyDelete