Monday, June 14, 2010

My 2 monkeys


I want to update about my little monkey. Two of them.

Both of them are raised by a little shots of budak bandar and a little shots of budak kampong. During the day we sent him to a multiracial pre-school , English medium to let them get some exposure. After school they will go back to my parents house, kampong area and become budak kampong. Aariz will go to tuition class at 3pm so that he can polish his reading skills and mengaji class at 5pm where both is in the kampong area. So from a fully well equipped class with air-condition to a wooden house with mud and dust around.

Right after his mengaji class, usually both of them will start to play outside with the neighbours. They are a few of them more or less the same age with both of them. My kids I admit a bit lembik la...compared to real budak kampong. When they play, they play pretty harsh. But both of them will try to keep up. And kalau tak dapat keep up especially si kenit no 2, he will just go inside the house and play with us :p.

Lately during the school holiday they enjoy their outdoor more than ever. Since I am not feeling well last week, I spend most of my days working from home. So I overheard some of their conversation with the neighbour. My kids especially Aariz will speak in English most of the time. Even with the neighbours, makcik2 or nenek2 around the kampong. Last time they (the kids) used to ignore him cos most of them don’t understand English well. But lately they are also trying to make conversion in English. Which I find a bit interesting. Like Fawwaz the other day want to share some of his m&m, he asked the boys what colour they want? Red or Yellow...and they replied the colour that they want in English too. Currently all of them are really into cycling. They cycle around the house like nobody business. We have a big compound that they can safely cycle and race around the house. Owh not to mention that one day Aariz did actually cycle to fast that he lost control and end up in the drain. When he try to get out from the drain he actually on the other side of the drain which is dalam kebun orang. Can you imagine how he scream for help....:p. Well that night we all told him a story....that almost everyone of us (my sibling and my cousins) at his age will actually get an accident and fall into the drain. It’s part and partial of learning ;)

I know it is hard to occupy the time for 2 young and energetic boys. That make me glad that for now with the help I am getting the kids are fully occupied most of the time. Just yesterday they played with the cement and help the grandpa patching some of the hole at the store room. Help the grandma to water the garden. Some fun activities to do that make them love the grannies more than the parents :p.

One last thing, Aariz conversation that might entertain you !

This is Aariz conversation with his grandfather during dinner...

Aariz : Datuk I think the fish is hungry. Can we feed the fish after dinner ?
Datuk : It’s late night. The fish already sleep.
Aariz : Datuk, is not only you who are hungry and eat at night. Fish also can be hungry ok.
Nenek : Ok Ok ...we feed the fish after dinner.
Aariz : Good, now I will go and play with the fish. Make sure the fish will not sleep before we feed them....

No comments:

Post a Comment