Monday, March 8, 2010

KL-JB-Singapore-KL


I want to blog about my JB trip as I think is pretty important for me. Plus one small thing that I did which I am happy about it. Remember about the charity part that I blog earlier. Yes here is my first steps.

First we went early Friday morning, reach just before Jumaat and we settle at Thistle formerly known as Hyatt JB. I was thinking to blog about hotel review as lately we’ve been staying in several hotels but hurm naaaahhhh. Time is constraints for me now days.

We get the sea view....beautiful (except that I put my kids picture here instead;))

We went out in the evening around 5pm before the dinner and guess what....I had my dinner before the dinner ;). One could not resist the seafood at Stulang Laut and of course at our usual spot...Sayam. Though I have to admit that during my uni days I went here often with my bf back then and my husband always came with his friends...funny right. No picture as we both
busy stuffing ourselves with fried rice, fried prawn, daging masak merah and also otak2.
Then I went back and get ready for dinner. I was telling hubby the last time I went for a gala dinner without my partner (that time for comp sc students) he rob me away from my ex bf. So this time ...hurm I wonder...and of course he give me an annoying looks and just pretend as nothing happen :p

The dinner my attending were organize by my college where I stayed during my Uni days. Is the dinner for those who contribute the college and giving awards for those who deserve to receive it. Alumni were invited to share the joy and reminisce the old memories...Well after those year I did have some fun meeting my old JKP friends (Jawatankuasa Pelajar). Though I felt like sitting with a bunch of politician, talk softly and nicely hehe. Then I realize when I saw the picture of me...oh God ...I do gain weighttt!! See my arms...so big!

The next morning they organize a session, a talk between the alumni and the college council. One of my senior give a talk about his life in uni and how it helps after leaving university. And for myself I give them a talk about career. Since most of them are first and second year students so I reverse the content a little bit. Giving them some idea on what they should do now during the uni time to ensure they can prepare a nice resume to get their first job. It’s pretty interesting that the more I converse with hubby on the content earlier (of course I need to practice first) the more I know that we are where we are because we understand what we want to be. And that is the message that I give to my fellow junior in UTM. The crowd is not that big but I guess it’s a good start for me.

Helping others is my greatest passion and I actually just find the word for it. Becoming a philanthropist. The concept is to help others to fish but not giving the fish. Unlike charity where you actually finding the fund and giving it to the people in need. Philanthropist will help people to understand their needs and improve their life. So wish me luck to achieve what I dream for ;)

After the session they are some makan2 and mingling around. We stayed for a while then off we go to Singapore. Nothing to shout actually cos we are just visiting my uncle and aunty. My kids are very fond with my cousins over there so it has been a great treat for them. Stuffing ourselves with ice cream buffet in Swensens...then shopping for shoessssssss...I love Charles and Keith shoes. And we wrap up our trip with a cycling activities around East Coast Park.

1 comment:

  1. u shud watch The Blind Side movies. Sandra Bullock the main actress and she won the best actress yesterday. a very good movie for the future person u wanted to be.. :) count me in on the project cuz after ive watch the movie... i wanted to be her!hehehe... i mmg senang terpengaruh ngan movie la kan :P

    ReplyDelete