Monday, January 18, 2010

Free review : Andana SPA


Last 2 weeks we went for a retreat at Andana Spa, Holiday Inn Glenmarie. I get tempted when I saw a few photo from a friend facebook showing how relax they are. When I ask her for details, she said it is worth every penny. I decided to go there that week itself to experience it myself.

They are standard entry of 148++ for you just to enter the Spa. The standard entry is for the usage of sauna/steam room, reading/movie lounge, wifi/internet acces and a free flow of food. It says a session of Shiatsu/Aromatherapy massage is included for 40 minutes, but somehow when I purchase a Bliss massage, the time of massage is 80 min the same with the treatment. I did not ask further that day as I pretty confuse with the system. List of treatment and price can be seen here.

I know some of you might think it is expensive...but wait!. I have not finish yet. Since I just want to try out the spa..I go for their promotion ..buy 1 free 1 which is valid for 9-12 pm at night. For this you pay one entry 148++ for 2 people. The spa open from 10 am to 12pm at night everyday. We reach there early around 8.30 pm and they let us in. First we need to put all our valuables in safety box. It looks pretty convincing tho (the safety box).

Next they guide us to the steam/sauna room. It is a separate area for men and woman. They let you change with a pair of clothes provided by the spa. You take a shower and next just relax in their huge jacuzzi. I did enjoy the jacuzzi but it's best if you have friends with you so that you can gossip while relaxing. Once you are satisfied, you can move to the sauna room. They have both wet and dry sauna. I opt for the wet sauna room. I love sauna as I sweat without doing anything...I know it is cheating but hey I don't really care. After enjoying the sauna you need to bath again and there's a lady who in charge of the room will always look after you making sure you have your towel and everything ready for you. She handed me over a new pair of dry clothes to exchange before I take the shower and after that she's ready with a bathrobe for me to wear.

Next I move to the movie/reading lounge. There I could see hubby reading a newspaper and looks so relax....They are many options of reading material that you can choose on and a good spread of buffet I heard ( I went at night and not much left). But you can still order some food from the menu. We sat there for a while before we go for our massage. The massage was pretty good I actually enjoy it altho I am not a fan of shiatsu massage. It was 40 minutes of pleasure until when they ask you to turn. I thought it was over as they passes us ginger tea. But after taking a few sips they ask us to lay back again and continue with the massage. It's actually refreshing when they did that cos most of the time when we turn our body we almost fall asleep and not enjoying the massage. We continue for another 40 minutes!

Once we finish our massage we went back to the lounge and this time we order some food. While hubby are keen to continue with his reading I join with some of them to watch the movie. We actually finish the whole movie and went out from the spa at around 12.15 am in the morning. It cost both of us nett of 290 for the whole Andana Spa experience that night.

I do recommend this for those who want to relax and enjoy the facilities. I will go again and this time maybe came in early and enjoy more of the treatment. Either with girl friends or just hubby I vote this as the best place to relax. The service are very good and the staff are very efficient. You can enter at 10 am in the morning with the entry rate and just enjoy the whole day there. They have individual lounge room if you just want to chill in with your friends. I am not sure if they are additional fees for this but one thing I am sure is that you need to book in advance.

I do not recommend this of you just want to go for a treatment. The entry fees is a bit expensive and it is best for you to find individual treatment from other spa outside. So Kak Liza here goes your review for Andana Spa...and Elin if you wish to chill in with Jaz. The picture below taken from my camera phone. Hence explain the blurness and the ugly picture. Hubby is in relax mode already and he is lazy to take out his dslr to take picture.

For more info go to http://www.blogger.com/www.andanaspa.com

The nail parlour....But if you don't want to do it here...you can always chill in at the lounge and they will serve you there..They can do foot massage there as well!


The lounge and the tv area...They are a bunch of people there so I don't think is nice to take picture of them

The reading material

Hubby so excited for massage..

This is him relaxing and don't even bother to do anything else. Which explains why none of my picture here.


Finally the private lounge ....Where you can just chill in with your friends..

5 comments: