Friday, July 3, 2009

Why i don't need fancy TV


I was talking about moving house and household item to buy with my officemate. That somehow ended up with I don’t really need fancy TV as hubby and I don’t watch TV that much. Well I am surprised that how they find time to watch TV and they are surprised on how I don’t have time to watch TV.

And I wonder…..

Hubby as of now, he attached to a client that requires him to be in the office at 8.00 a.m. So by 5.00 usually he can go off and reach home around 6.00. In the morning of course he will leave early so kids will be 100% on me.

We’ve been blessed for now since we are staying with my parents, so they get to pick up the kids after kindy and I don’t have to worry about food at all. Since we have maid then I don’t have to worry about laundry, cleaning and all little thing here and there. But then why and why I don’t have time watch TV?

First in the morning I wake up and get the kids ready. Get the kids ready is dragging my first boy to bath. Ma 5 minutes … Ma I’m tired…. Ma I don’t want to go to school..ma…why I need to go to school. Reasoning with him will take around 10-15 minutes. Yelled at him will take him a second to get up..hurm maybe 2-3 minutes cos he will try to reasons still.

Once I bath the first one, here comes the second one. If I wake him up to bath first thing come out from his mouth…”Abang dulu”. The he doze off. If I force him, he will be wailing for the first 15 minutes. So this one I must gently wake him up…cuddle him and tease him 2-3 minutes will do a trick at a good day. Bad days….. . the wailing drama will take over.

In total to bath them in the morning with all reasoning and drama…may take around 40 minutes. Please note, I am not ready yet…this is just to get them ready.

Next breakfast. Aariz is easy…he can just take almost anything and everything. The one that is taking 30 minutes of my time will be Fawwaz. He’s a picky eater and very fussy too. The bread must be cut round… He just refuses some food. One minute he wants to eat A next he will opt for B. Oh btw, you can’t just leave him eat by himself. Lately he just want mama to feed him. Not even willing to lift his finger up to hold his food. Don’t tell me that I spoil him or not being hard to him. I tried…nice way bad way… Consoling, reasoning, yelling or even give a little pinches. Hmpppfh! The funny thing about the little one, each time you pinch him he will say, “hey why you do that” while giving the most innocence face ever.

While you were rushing to the door, this time every alternate day or two one of them will announce that they want to do their “big business”. So 10 minutes waiting for them before getting into the car. Again to note, I do not prepare breakfast and all their things are line up at the door. Alone, handling them in the morning, will left you no empty spaces for yourself.

Once everyone is ready and get into the car (this is the time where I feel relief usually for merely 5 minutes) then few minutes after that they will either start fighting or giggling. Most of the time it require me to again console, or reasoning or yelling. I am so not into yelling or rising my voice (that sound more appropriate) but hey… until you get kids like mine…then hurm you might know.

Long time ago when I don’t have my own kids, I always smirk to see some people just can’t control their kids. Well it might be true that maybe your technique is incorrect or maybe you are not firm enough. But how firm you can be firm and what are the correct techniques to use? Sometime maybe they can listen, but most of the time you can’t control what they have in their mind.

When we go for outing with friends that have small kids. You really see that some parents really blessed with kids that keep quiet or behave. Some kids just have their mind of their own. Like mine. So far hubby and I tried very hard to play along and reasons with them so that they can behave better. But I believe they are intelligence kids that just require lots and lot’s of attention. The only thing is since we are working parents, time is limited to fulfil their curiosity and mischief. Maybe I should be a stay at home mom after all?

Anyway I guess the morning chaos can give a brief idea on why I can’t watch TV at night. The same routine will happen. Feeding and bathing and brushing teeth and trying to get them to finish their homework and colouring and fight for which colour to user and the reading time and the ultraman fighting time and endless why question.

Well I might not start on the details else you might need to read another 2 page of lengthy post! But I guess I have to be thankful that even I don’t have time to watch TV, the kids enjoy my accompany and needs me. My time is being fulfil watching them growing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment