Monday, July 13, 2009

That suddenly...he can swim!


Last Friday was the company annual dinner for hubby. Thinking that it might be a good time to bring the kids for a break, I urge hubby to book the hotel room for one night stay. Being hubby of course he has a second thought. Some how finally he said yes and off we went there on Friday evening. The kids were super duper happy...and the moment they step into the hotel room they already beaming and smiling ears to ears. Our hotel room is facing the pool and it's added up the joy on them. Fawwaz especially has been pointing to the pool excitedly and demand us to bring him down now and now!

So hubby gets dressed up for the dinner and I dress up the kids for the swimming. I learn from my sis in law that now I am more prepared each time we went for swimming session. Gear up with the swimming attire, towel hood, toys to play at the pool and some snacking. We were there for about 2 hours until they call it off.

We went up and I washed them off from the chlorine. Next we walked out from the hotel to get some food. Feeling like an expat in Malaysia strolling around from the hotel is quite an experience. Little that I know the pedestrian walk is badly in shape and it’s almost impossible for a mom to stroll her young baby around. Luckily mine is not that young. So I rammed my faithful Mc Laren with Fawwaz screaming “ouch ma…ouch ma” each time we face uneven path. I went to so many countries before the experience-using stroller in KL pedestrian walk is far behind! It’s almost impossible for people with stroller or even wheel chair to go through it. I sometime end up have to use the side of the main road as the pedestrian walk is terrible. And imagine that at certain part …just certain part suddenly they put a staircase!!! Well enough of that, I am still manage to get my 2 kids safely walk (Fawwaz tuck in the stroller) from the hotel to get some food outside and mesmerizing on the KLCC and KL Tower.

Next day, they are up on the pool again. This hubby is around so we just sat there and watch them playing and swimming…Swim with the float of course. Aariz is more or less there in the pool as he can survive in deep water if you provide him with the board. So just before we call it off, he asks me for his goggle. I put the goggle on him and he went back to the kid’s pool. He tries to breathe in the water several times. Next all of sudden he swim by himself for merely 10 seconds. Excited he turn to us and I was like stunned. He tries again and again and finally he can make one lap from the kid’s pool. All by himself…. and of course being a proud mother, I can’t stop beaming for the whole days.

Back in the car he proudly says he can swim now. Then I ask him how do he did that? So he told me that he just hold his breath and open his mouth …then quickly he continue, but I didn’t swallow the water. Well I don’t get it why he needs to open his mouth but I guess he release his breath through his mouth. Hubby said he is going to teach him later how to breath correctly when swimming. As for the swallow the water part… I keep on telling both my kids that they can’t swallow or drink the water from the pool. Else you can die and I will leave you there. So far that trick has get them to spit out the water each time they water get into their mouth.

I have more stories to tell about Aariz. Besides how he surprised me on how he suddenly swims by himself, he surprises me on others as well. Let see what else this cheeky boys is up to! Later

No comments:

Post a Comment