Monday, July 13, 2009

Aariz and his homework


For the past few days last week Aariz went back home with no homework. It started on Wednesday and carry on till Friday. Well I start to get suspicious. On Saturday when we reach home I ask him about his homework. He brings his school bag to me and it's empty again. They are just Peter and Jane book inside and he quickly brings it out and starts reading.

Now I am not happy with that. I could sense something is wrong somewhere. I ask him about why he doesn’t have homework? Why teacher being so nice for not giving any homework? And I start to tell him that I’m going to ask his teacher on Monday then suddenly of he went back to my room and bring one book, which is true enough is his homework! Goodness… I keep on interrogating him again and he came back with another book. And he promise to me that they are no more books hidden.

I told hubby and my parents about this and of course everybody were shock. But I already have a word with him so I ask the rest not to ask him anymore.

At night when we were talking about some stuff and his Grandpa making a joke about something. Aariz quickly said, “Tok don’t lie….nnt masuk neraka”. Then his Atok of course couldn’t resist and reply back. ”Well, who lie and didn’t do his homework?”.
Aariz of course start to get defensive…. by saying that he didn’t lie. The conversation going on until hubby intercept …”Technically he is not lying as for the past few days we check his bag and we didn’t ask him where is his homework. But instead assume that no homework base on his empty bag. Today when mama ask then only he came out with the book”… We all just smiles and look at each other…but one thing for sure…he is one cheeky boy. Smart and if I don’t channel his thinking to something good …it might not turn out pretty well. Of course he had a long conversation with me on Sunday. On how wrong is his doing.

Well when you look at your kids you might be thinking about your reflections when you were small. I know how cheeky am I and hubby knows how cheeky himself when we were small. Thinking that how the kids going to be and how are they going to trick us looks scary now. Bit by bit I start to understand how worried my parents last time when I do all the stunt. Now serve me right…It’s my time to get sick worried with all their antique/stunt whatever…

No comments:

Post a Comment