Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Presenting my new home! with picca :p


I think I owe you guys the picture of my house. This will be a long entry so please bear with me.

I have been wanting my own house since very long time ago. As we both working pindah randah so it's difficult to really settle down. We tried once and we just waste the money to our USJ house. After a while I told hubby that I want us just to get KL project assignment only. I did and he did. Fortunate me no travel required except the one that I just had last few weeks. Once a while I don't really mind. But hubby, sigh...he still travel every 2 or 3 months once. I really hope no more long term assignment, but hubby said no promise.

It's a hard work to get the house ready. Now I understand why people take ID to handle all the hassle. Nak jimat punya pasal...and yeap we did cut the cost down to 50%. But we have to compromise on certain workmanship and just have to close one eye.

The good news is, the house turn to my liking lah. So now presenting my favourites area by ranking....'

No 1 : Master bedroom
For now I love this area the most. I like the colour, we use Prairie Dust from Nippon Paint. The curtain is from Elyza and it took 5 visits to the showroom just to pick the right curtain. It goes the same to my living area curtain. The overall concept of the house is more to woods, rustic feelings. We try not to make it look and feels so woody (betul ke ayat ku ini ...belasah la) so we blend in some modern look as well.

(kalau sape2 perasan ni hubby tgh sebok nak godek streamyx dia)

That is hubby working area. He works late sometime and I like to see him in front of my eyes hence the working table is in the master bedroom. So that I can sleep and still peek on him when he work late night.

The wardrobe...Obviously no room for walk in wardrobe but this build in wardrobe would do his job. I love it as it maximize the area that we have and they are many compartment for me to put our necessities. The wardrobe utilizing the alley to the bathroom, so it didn't messed up with my bed space.

No 2 : Kitchen
Of course I have to like my kitchen right!. If I don't I might not be cooking there. Still the wood concept...reasons being husband said it's easier to sell it off as wood usually will not be out of fashion. When we try to look for kitchen ideas, there is one makcik lend us Anjung Seri magazine from zaman tok kaduk. We look into the magazine and feels the kitchen cabinet design back few years were all looks yucky except the one that is wood base which looks pretty ok. So with our rational (kononnya) we decided to abandon the modern kitchen looks (high gloss or whatever it is) and just stick with the old wood looks. So this is my kitchen...with enough space for now....see no curtain kat sini...uhuk...it will be my later project lah.

The retro feelings hidden behind my cooker hood.

And this is my working area for my baking passion. Soon hubby need to get me my Kitchen Aid mixer. Perhaps for my coming birthday. As of now empty bottle on the shelf that suppose to be my cooking book shelf, and also my cute kettle.

No 3: Hall and Dining Area

Which is not 100% ready yet .... they are few more item will be coming in soon so this looks might change over time.Si kenit tu cam obses tgk tv besar and kalau boleh nak masuk tv agaknya.
Ni langsir dekat living area bahagian atas. The area still empty for now.
Lampu dekat dining area yg paling ku suka. Asik berangan jek tgk lampu ni :p



No 4: The patio / pagola area
This is the famous folding door that hubby were eyeing and thinking to get from day 1 house renovation. I disagree at first as folding door cost more then the normal sliding door. But space constraints makes the folding door looks more practical and here it is. The pagola and patio is not 100% ready as yet. They are some work need to be done and I am hoping the contractor can finish it by this coming weekend.

Gambar selingan dengan si kenit2 sebagai model main bunga api.

No 5: Laundry area
It's a bit messy now, but I love the effort by my hubby to buy the shelf and fix it into my laundry area. Those paint will go off soon after we touch up the house and I'll make full use of this area to store our necessities here. No picture...sebab terlupa

Gosh..I guess that is the update for now. Some other area still not complete yet. The kids bedroom will be sorted by this weekend. They are 3 rooms without curtain yet as my allocation for curtain used up for the living area and master bedroom. So pelan2 lah yer. Hubby didn't brought his lenses yg boleh adjust to take picture from far ke dekat ( I don't know the tech name for it) ... So that is why all the picture are close up picture. But nonetheless ...enjoy the picture ;)

7 comments: