Monday, June 29, 2009

Tiles, Kitchen, Folding door and Sofa


House renovation moving tad fast and we are exhausted every weekend just to get everything in place. Since weekdays is fully occupied that doesn’t leave us much empty space in between. Not to mention ‘hubby situation’ the one that I blog earlier. All is taking our energy.

I want to share some of the house reno thingys that we manage to clear last weekend. Our fence is up and is almost done. One issue that we have last week is on the wiring part. Most of the housing project really sucks. They give limited electrical points and in my case, they are just 2 fan points available!! What the… So we have been introduced to this one wireman. Doing all the estimation and all, it cost us freaking 3500 to add a few more socket, air conditioner and water heater points. As we are new to this of course we are getting another wireman to get a second opinion. The second person is more experience and we trust the most. He has done a good job to my parent’s house and my neighbour’s house as well. The only things is he is so busy that if he were to take up this job…my house will not be ready even before raya. Well the estimate is about there but according to him he will pull the wire straight from the main box especially for the air conditioner and water heater. So we get back to the first wireman and ask him if he could do that? It end up he getting mad at hubby for not trusting him and yada yada. Hey…we have every right to get second opinion and do what ever we want to do. It’s our money!!! Anyway to cut it short, hubby manages to settle it his way and the wiring part should be fine now.

Next we went for tiles hunting. This wasn’t an easy job as well. Thinking about the design and what tiles to suit it is really a headache. We spend around 2 hours looking at each tiles available and how it’s gonna suits our house. Not being artistic both of us, this is one of the most difficult task for the house renovation. Some tips to get a good brand tiles with cheap price are look for the old stock. The only downside is if u needs more tiles with the same design you might not get it. This is because an old stock means they will not produce the tiles anymore at all. So you need to be very sure how many tiles you need and maybe spare some extras in case anything happen.

Hubby has this dream of having a folding door instead of sliding for our pagola/gazebo area. So we surf around and the price is a bit tad much for us. We decided later that day just to grab of the deal and wallah now we are going to have a nice folding door for our house…. But you know, the hole has become bigger.

Not enough with that, we continue our search for kitchen cabinet. This time round we went to the factory itself and they have quoted us a reasonable price for my dream kitchen set. I am drooling over it and hubby has given a green light for it! Thanks dear! Now my kitchen has ample space for everything that I from my NZ days. I am a kitchen freak btw… During my days in NZ, I went to Briscoes and Farmers just to get my dosage of satisfaction looking and drooling over the dining sets, cutlery, baking stuff, cooking stuff and the list goes on. Each time I will get away with some little stuff for my kitchen. At the end of my days in NZ, I actually collected a dozen of stainless steel cutleries. I think 6 pots different sizes from Baccarat (it’s stainless steel). Not too mention the dining wear, tabletops and a lot more. Of course hubby is rolling his eyes round when he saw how many boxes of kitchenware I collected there. So now…I really need to get a good storage for my collections ;).

Once we have satisfied with all that, we decided to retire. But somehow I get very itchy to go to Fella Design Warehouse sale. Basically what ever outside the building (means under the tent) are old stocks…really old! If you don’t mind you can go ahead…. they are some still good but you must really look at it. The one inside the building is pretty new…and more or less the same with other showroom. Just that the showroom in Bukit Subang is sooooo big, you can get a lot more of selections. I finally found the sofa set that matches our house concept. It’s not too flowery, actually no flower at all but more on geometric design. Initially I’m a bit reluctant to buy a showroom sofa. However this one looks new and according to the sales person that assists us. Most of the time the sofa is taken in the first 2-3 months. Then they replenish with the new sofa. The one that is really old can be seen and usually the sell it outside the building which is under the tent. So I am convinced…being cheeky me…I ask for further reduction. And I actually manage to get 200 further reductions from the original markdown. So peeps…you can always ask and negotiate for more reductions in any sales in Malaysia. Go on and try your luck. Cos previously I did ask them so many time if it can be reduce more. Usually the answer is no. Moving on the sales person is kind enough to see if I can get a new sets of sofa instead the display one. We will see then if I have luck on that.

That’s the update of my house renovation. No picture … as we don’t have time to take any pictures…I prob will ask hubby to blog on the details so that you can get a good deal as us. But that depending on his time ;)

Later gonna update on 'hubby situation' that has become more complicated! But that’s later.

2 comments:

  1. bebeh, i baca entry nih.. dah berangan boleh wat open house potluck raya kat umah baru u cum house warming.. boleh x? ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. boley boley...mari kita berangan hihi. i pun dah berangan ni !

    ReplyDelete