Wednesday, June 20, 2007

2nd day in Ozzie land



Today is my second day in Perth. I had a few good sessions with the user and a good therapy for myself. I take this opportunity to rejoice myself by shopping, had a good food and a good chat with my colleague here. Everything is good as my assignment to this project, you are treated like a royalties. Buss class flight, staying at big hotel and big room…..(if they have kitchen my hotel room can be an apartment already), claim actual on dining but of course high expectation to deliver!....

I reached here Sunday evening. Took a taxi towards the hotel, and I’m pretty surprised that the driver were a lady from Bosnia. Soon after that I learnt that most of the taxi driver here is not local people. But people from all over the world. I’ve meet two taxi driver from Bosnia, one from New Zealand (funny I found a NZ taxi driver in Perth), and one from Somalia. Don’t ask why I met so many taxi drivers as I’ve been here for only two days. Ermmm you still wondering aren’t you…hehe. Actually I’m lazy to walk and since I can claim actual, I took a taxi to find a nice place for my dinner.

Perth for me, it’s a quite city and a lot’s of people from different culture. Indonesian and Malaysian is everywhere. I do enjoy the food here as finally I can get some decent Asean halal food and the most important thing. I did not cook it myself haha. So dear hubby, don’t get jelous ok. I had a ‘teh tarik tonight with chicken rendang…..yummmm :p.

Since I got married to my dearest hubby, I start to get really dependant to him. Hardly being a part from him, so when I got this assignment as usual he will nag me to get all stuff sorted out in order.

Yah im a bit clumsy myself too… This morning, when I woke up, I realize that I miss place the access card to get into my Perth office. End up I search all over my bag…and guess what. I found my KL company access card that has been missing for half a year. The access card it does not really matter to me as I go back to my office once in a blue moon. But I need the perth office access card as I would like to go to the office early. There’s goes my plan …I need to wait for my workmate to reach to the office so that I can tag along. True enough the access card is on my table…

Next is after all my session finish for today, I decided to do a quick shopping. Being adventurous, I go alone to the Harbour Town where they are lots of factory outlet shop. I shopped until they closed which is around 5.30 pm. Most foreign country is unlike us where we open the shop until 10.30 pm. After shopping then I realized that errr…how am I going back to my office? I need to meet a friend there for my dinner. Long story to cut it short, I took the Yellow Cat bus (free bus) after asking a few people, then I just ring the bell as I see a landmark to my office. I walk for 15 minutes to find my way out and turn out I took the long way instead but finally manage to go back to the office. That is not just yet. I can’t go up as somehow the lift doesn’t seem like working after 6.00 pm. Luckily I bump into one of my user that showed me how to go up. After 6 they are special lift and u need to tag ur access card to go up. Yaiy….it’s like working at a secret company with a secret code gitu. Go up meet my friend then we went out again for dinner, this time i have my friend with me so things kinda in order. To just end my day for today, on the way back after dropping my friend….as the taxi took me to my place, upon payment. I can’t find my purse!!!!! OMG……keep on telling myself to calm down as I search my handbag. Then I start to search my shopping bag and thank god I found it. Quickly I pay the taxi driver and goes up to my room.

Despite all the things happened to day. I’m just a happy lazy lady…..Well dear…I can still manage myself OK! ;). Will see what’s going to happen for the next few days hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment