Wednesday, February 9, 2011

About breast (milk, pump and feeding)


I've got myself a Medela Freestyle to express my BM and tried to use it first time last night. Manage to get 3.5 ounces in the span of 20 minutes... Itu pun hubby ask me to pump first before feeding the boy. Which I am not sure after that dia kenyang ke tak feed on me as it took him one hour to nyot nyot.

When I got Aariz last time, we don't have much to spend. So we bought Medela manual pump...I forgot the name but it's freaking long and hard just to express the BM. I give up after that. Then when we got Fawwaz I bought Medela Swing I think which is not too bad but I travel quite a bit. So I stop at that as well. Both of them is on formula and BM till they are 4 to 6 months. Then fully formula after that.

For Eimran, I am getting older and wiser and maybe has a lot of patience too. I manage to so far fully breastfeed him till to date. With the Medela Freestyle that I have invested quite a bit and the breast pump is pretty cool as well, I will try to give him EBM until he prob at least a year old? Though I will not rule out that the possibility for me to start give him some formula as a supplement. We will see. This is going to be an interesting journey for me and Eimran.

2 comments: