Sunday, October 10, 2010

About maid


I am now actively searching for a local maid. But since it is not easy as we need to really reach out to people from kampung2 and such, I still open my option tiny option to the foreign maid. Which I learn a lot and I get really mad now. To get a foreign maid if u directly call the agent from Indonesia, they will ask you around RM4000 to RM5000 fees. And that my dear friend is not with a proper work permit or even a medical check up. I do not know how this people can have a cheek to ask for RM4000 without first the maid don't have a proper document, second they are not trained and third, their medical condition is not being checked. Imagine the disease and all other social issue that we potentially bring in to Malaysia ?

Next when I reach out from the local agent, the fees can goes up to RM6000 or even more. The more interesting part is, some of them is already in Malaysia with out a passport!. OK tell me now how on earth this people can get into Malaysia without any passport ???? The reasons I know about this is because I've got a phone call from one of the agent asking me RM1800 for the introduction fees, one month warranty and if I'm happy with her than they will proceed with passport application which require more cost. And I was like what??? How the hell are you getting this people in here without any passport. I'm so gonna make a report on this. One thing that I'm not sure if my report will be taken seriously or not. Passport is one thing than another things is their work permit and health screening. Seriously I am not sure what are we getting ourselves into.

I know I am desperate for help. But I am not desperate to sacrifise my country. Bringing in people without proper health check and not even with identification is causing a lot to our economy and social. Not to mention the price that we have to pay for this middle man. And I tell you they are arrogance because they know people are desperate. Why we let ourselves to be desperate and get ourselves into this? I am trying to be strong by not falling into any illegal transaction and also by not paying more than I think what the agent deserve to get. Though I know it's battle that is hard for me to win, but I am very sure that if all of us can resist of selling our country for a small price. This things won't happen.

Sad case that some of them who are hired ran away after the employee has put so much money and sacrifising their country. I know some of the employer even can sense that the maid is going to run away, or already have a problem and just let them be. Reasons why, argh I don't want to think about it and at least it save the cost and trouble of me sending the maid home. Please people, if you know your maid is already a trouble to your family, what can they do to the society? Imagine that because of these people overflowing our country, one day your kids might fall in love and start to get married with immigrants with lot's of social problem? Or your parents died because this people go inside your house and rob and kill your family too? Look around and be responsible to your maid. If you can't please don't start to have one. Do not terminate and not sending them back home. It is your responsibility.

I know as working parents living in this country is a bit hard. We need helper because we work more than 8 hours. Our office is far from our home and we just need to have the extra hand to look after our kids. The nursery is not efficient, the process to get maid is not siding us and 1001 more issues that we have to face. But again it is not worth to sacrifise the country. We just need to look harder for other solutions. As for me the solutions is to look for local helper. Still looking and I'll let you know if I found one.

2 comments:

  1. i hearrrr you. i'm going through the same issues right now :( its so frustrating to have to open our option to take a foreign maid. sakit jiwa and sakit hati. the procedures are messy, the costs are high, the quality u get is mediocre to poor. what nonsense!

    did u hear about the felda's proposal to train "house managers"? a.k.a. local maids, to be trained to manage the household. earnings should be about rm700+. if u ask me, i'd pay that amount in a heartbeat rather than taking in a foreign maid. but thats just me. memang nothing is problem-less but indon maids are just sooo troublesome sometimes... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really! that's good then for the felda proposal. We are seriously looking for local helper now and they are few options. I'll let you know if we manage to secure one on how and who to contact. They are a lot of con man out there so just need to be careful. Anyway yes! 700++ is a right earnings and it can go up depends on their responsibility or experience. Foreign maid!! I guess we have to all agree to put a stop on them!

    ReplyDelete