Sunday, May 24, 2009

Carrot Cake, Seri Muka and Sports Day


I woke up on Sunday morning with inspiration, to bake my first carrot cake and kuih seri muka. My mom said is too much as I promised my in laws to cook sambal udang masak belimbing. But today I just felt the urge to bake and experiment.

With my grandma around (she's super cook), my mom and my aunty they guide me on my first attempt to make seri muka. Interesting that working with the elderly their method is agak2 base on the size of the pan. They showed me how to measure and how to taste to ensure the salt or sugar is enough. That gives me some idea rather than blindly follow the recipe like what I always did. Old time favorite as it was, the seri muka has been a hits for today.

Next was the carrot cake. This is my favorite cake and it is not perfect without the delicious cream cheese frosting. I had a recipe in hand and would want to try it for so long. Even the ingredients are all ready at home. One thing about baking cakes, I love it big time and I don’t mind doing it. The only problem is to get someone to finish it all. As today we plan to have lunch at mil house and I have my grandma and my aunt’s family at home. I give it a shot. The results, carrot cake turn out to be moist and creamy. I love the cream cheese frosting as it’s perfectly blended with the sweet and sour taste. By 10 pm today I have only 1 piece of carrot cake left in the fridge. That does explain how delicious it is. :p

Back track on Saturday, Aariz has his second Sports Day and it is first time for Fawwaz. We brought mini sandwich and mini muffin for the kindy. They had the sports day in a community hall. I think is a good idea as the kids are still small and the weather now is super hot. Last year when Aariz is at Smart Reader Kids they had it in a Stadium. The kids were under a hot sun and I think the parents is not that happy either as the kid are sweating and feel uncomfortable. No shade no nothing and they were just kids between 4-6 years old. Anyway back to this year’s Sports Day. We moved Aariz to another kindy and enroll Fawwaz in together. They start with marching in the multipurpose hall, sing National Anthem, do some performance which is well coordinated and play various games. It was fun. Fawwaz a little bit moody but they both won second place. Not too bad huh. I’ll let the picture do the story later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment