Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Investing on Love


As much as I love reading books, the hobbies now switch to reading blogs. Reading entertainment magazines is not so entertaining anymore cos blogs gives you juicier story. Oh no need soap opera drama also. All is covered in the blogs. Isn’t that wonderful?

Anyway, last week I read an article from here. Well it’s on economic of love. I couldn’t agree more on her. You see besides investing money, I do invest on love too. Do you know it is more profitable?

When I first met hubby, it was on a financial talk. Yeah he’s on A* MLM and that time we are still in uni. I didn’t know him tho even we are actually a course mate. Until that day…and this friend of mine monitored by him ramblings on A* MLM. Moi of course never believe on such easy money. OK I know MLM need some works, hard work! But the concept for me it’s the same applied if I do any business or even if I do the current job. The key is you like your job and you become expert on it. Furthermore, I don’t feel that is the right things to do. However they manage to convince me to go for their meetings and pay for it, but I get even not convinced. So..that is how I first met him.

Hubby is hurm, I don’t know, he claims he is a hot stuff in uni. He’s a computer geek, people thought he is smart, he looks smart tho and he wears socks. Who wears socks during uni time? Most of the time people wears sandals or flip flop. Basically my housemate that time all admire him because he is genius (according to them) and I keep on telling my friend Zir…iewww are you going to get his socks off from him when he’s home later. Thinking that haha he probably will be the guy who’s going to have the wife to do everything for him.

Well few months later….we graduated, we went for a gala dinner and I start to meet him again. Somehow each time I met him, I get this dub dab on my heart. Mind you that time I actually dating someone else . He likes to smile so I guess that make my heart warm or something. I don’t know how, we actually hooked up on ym. Then we start to meet each other. First meet up is with my friend Liza and him. I have a SAP training course in KL. So being me, yeah I love to treat people. We had dinner at Mc D Central Market.

We just love each other company that we meet even often. That time I already driving a decent car (of course my dad’s car but it’s practically mine). He on the other hand still uses his motor kapcai. Usually I will fetch him at his house (see who’s fetching who) and we will go out just spending time talking with each other. Well this guy, even tho I have drove all the way to fetch him, most of the time we will take turn paying the meals or even worse, he will go Dutch with me. All my life this is the first time a guy suggest going Dutch. You know for a girl like me ( being perasan ) this treatment and his motor kapcai doesn’t do much justice. However he has something that other guys don’t have that I don’t mind investing first :) He’s funny, some one that you can talk hours with on most of the topics. Attentive, smart …really smart I feel that time. Such a sweet talker, yeah everything he talks will make sense. Well sometime you just knew it that he’s worth it. So I go on with him. I told him I like him, I have a boyfriend, if you like, marry me. And he said OK. So we get married.

Marriage is where everything you invested is being tested. Yeah he actually was investing on me as well. He’s not really a good listener, but he tried to listen and be attentive to me. Oh he such a grumpy young man haha. The first few years were hard though. We try to give and take. He knows how I dislike on going Dutch. I know that he needs some ‘alone’ time. They are things that he changed for me and I changed for him. They are things that couldn’t be change and we try to adapt to it. And we are still learning to compliment and invest on each other. All these actually helps on our ownself growth, career and family wise. I really am think that where ever we are now and what ever we achieve is because of the investment that we have done in our relationship.

I don’t know if whatever I wrote will make any sense to you. But if you wonder, no I don’t need to take his socks off from him: D.

No comments:

Post a Comment