Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Housewife and Swimming Class


Being a housewife is not easy as I thought. I do need to wake up early in the morning cos this 2 cheeky monkey will open their wide eyes latest at 7.30 in the morning. And once they open their eyes…they will start jumping and running around the house. If I’m lucky enough, papa will still be around to feed them and bath them (cos they poo early in the morning as well). Else I will need to carry my lazy ass or they will start jumping and screaming on my ears asking me to wakes up.

Once I have feed them, then they will start playing and i will need to prepare lunch. I enroll Aariz for swimming classes and the schedule is at 10 everyday during school holiday. This is his second term. If I get the lunch ready before we went out then I can send hubby lunch box at work and by the time we came back after the swimming class both my kids will be really hungry. Then will start with the laundry and sorting the cloth and cleaning the house and the list will go on and on. Nor that I can get nap during the day…hish!

On aariz swimming class, he can’t really swim by his own yet. He can float, dunk his head in the water and he’s pretty alright in the water. Here in New Zealand, they really encourage people to learn how to swim. At cost of RM65 they will teach one hour lesson a week for 10 weeks. The public pool is very near to the office and during his first term where i actually still working, i went out during lunch time, pick aariz up and send him to the swimming class..wait for one hour then bring him back to his kindy and i went back to the office. Only in New Zealand i can do this :)

During his first term, they are 4 kids in one session. You can see that all the kids are not really keen to put their heads or ears in the water for the first session. And it’s pretty interesting to see how the instructor try to encourage them to do so….by the third or 4th session the kids already can dunk their head and be in the water for few second. They can now jump to the pool rather than using stairs to get into the pool. Swimming using “boya” is no longer a problem….by the 10th session, 1 of them can do a few strokes…But not aariz hehe. He still phobia with the last 3 sessions. What happened is that the instructor will bring them to the deep pool. Then ask them to jump and obviously they can’t reach the ground. With this exercise, some really can try to do few strokes to get to the instructor which is just a meter away. But aariz haha, he practically touch the ground and by the time the instructor get him, he already panicking….nevermind boy..you’ll get there.

While aariz attended his swimming class for the second term, I will personally train fawwaz in the other pool hehe. Not that his mum can really swim but I just get him into the circle “boya” and let him walk around the pool. Sometimes he will just float using his ”boya”. And when I dunk his head in the water…he didn’t cry. Instead give me a look like “do you want to kill me?” And he loves the water slide as well. Tak padan dengan kecik.

For sure I would like to continue this when I’m back in my hometown. I will bug my parents to bring them to the pool every week so that they will not lose whatever that we have started here. It just to find what is the nearest pool as where we staying are really in the middle of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment